Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com> on 2010/09/29 01:32:47 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1002363 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/ap_expr.h modules/aaa/mod_authz_core.c server/util_expr.c

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:33:44 -0000
sf@apache.org wrote:

> Log:
> This is just too easy to not do it: Add an 'expr' authz provider that allows
> arbitrary expressions in Require lines.

Good stuff, and motivated me to get around to r1002415 :)

But shouldn't adding const-ness to an API argument call for an MMN bump?
I guess it doesn't matter to a caller, but might it affect a compiler?

--
Nick Kew

Re: svn commit: r1002363 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/ap_expr.h modules/aaa/mod_authz_core.c server/util_expr.c

Posted by "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>.
On 9/28/2010 6:32 PM, Nick Kew wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:33:44 -0000
> sf@apache.org wrote:

>> Log:
>> This is just too easy to not do it: Add an 'expr' authz provider that allows
>> arbitrary expressions in Require lines.
>
> Good stuff, and motivated me to get around to r1002415 :)
>
> But shouldn't adding const-ness to an API argument call for an MMN bump?
> I guess it doesn't matter to a caller, but might it affect a compiler?

I think we have enough mmn bumps that another isn't necessary, but I'd add
the note to ap_mmn.h just in case a developer is confused by the change.

ap_expr parser

Posted by Stefan Fritsch <sf...@sfritsch.de>.
On Wednesday 29 September 2010, Nick Kew wrote:
> Good stuff, and motivated me to get around to r1002415 :)

Nice :)

> But shouldn't adding const-ness to an API argument call for an MMN
> bump? I guess it doesn't matter to a caller, but might it affect a
> compiler?

I wasn't aware that this could make a difference to the compiler.

But looking at it again, I think it would make sense to change the
"int *was_error" parameters into "const char **errstring" and return a
useful error string there (or NULL if there was no error).