Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Angel Angelov <an...@sayrix.com> on 2004/03/23 12:27:07 UTC

re-process failed mails after some time

Hi all,
I'm developing an application based on James using mailets.
Some times it's not possible to process the e-mails and I want to retry after some time (2 hours for example).
Did somebody have some suggestion, how can I do this without holding the spool thread with Thread.sleep(2*60*1000)?
Thanks!

--Angel

RE: re-process failed mails after some time

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
> Can you give me some advice/example/documentation how to write
> my own spooling mechanism in my mailet?

Either use RemoteDelivery as a guide, or wait for me to commit a generic
base.

	--- Noel

Re: re-process failed mails after some time

Posted by Angel Angelov <an...@sayrix.com>.
Hi Noel,
thanks for the response.

My mailet, takes the body of the e-mail, send it as a sms and set the
mail status to GHOST.
That mean, I can not use the RemoteDelivery mailet - the e-mail is not
delivered, it's destroyed.

Can you give me some advice/example/documentation how to write my own
spooling mechanism in my mailet?
I can already create a custom repository and put the mails there for
further elaboration, but I don't know
how to retrieve the mails from this repository and sent them again to
the default processor to be re-processed.

--Angel

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.