Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org> on 2018/04/27 23:36:53 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Planning for Apache Knox 1.1.0 Release

All -

I'd like to point out that we need to start pulling in the 1.1.0 release.
I see lots of progress and collaboration on some important ecosystem UIs
which is great.
As well as a couple really good features have made it in - like the remote
alias service support!

I would like to try and reset expectations for the 1.1.0 release to mid May
but we need to take some time and work through the open issues.

We currently have :

* ~35 with fixVersion = 1.1.0 of which 8 are Patch Available
* ~54 with fixVersion 0.15.0 of which 9 are Patch Available

I dropped the ball in migrating all of the 0.15.0 issues to either 1.1.0 or
1.2.0 as I intended when this thread began.
I will spend time over this weekend to try and make sense of all that and
really try to get the ones with Patch Available into 1.1.0 where possible.

If anyone feels strongly that particular issues from 0.15.0 be in 1.1.0
please comment on them to that end to help guide this migration.
Once we have cleared out 0.1.5.0, we will then need to have another pass
through what is slated for 1.1.0 and likely defer some work that are not
blockers.

thoughts?

--larry

Posted by Phil Zampino <pz...@apache.org>.
+1, I think the tightly-scoped 1.2.0 release is a great approach for
knocking out some of the cloud-related tasks.

Posted by Sandeep Moré <mo...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks Larry, sounds good.

Best,