Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Harald Busch <ba...@bnv-bamberg.de> on 2022/05/12 03:37:29 UTC

http stream as input data source

Hi,
is there a http data stream as data source ?
I only see socketTextStream and other predefined stream sources.
It seems that I have to use fromCollection, fromElements ... and prepare the collection for myself.
Thanks
Regards

Re: http stream as input data source

Posted by yuxia <lu...@alumni.sjtu.edu.cn>.
The quick answer is no.
There's no http data stream on hand.
You can implement one by yourself. Here[1] is a guidance about how to implemet user-defined source & sink

Btw, there's a jira for http sink[2] but is marked as won't fix.

[1] https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/dev/table/sourcessinks/
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8047.

Best regards,
Yuxia

Posted by Alexander Preuß <al...@ververica.com>.
Hi Harald,

I was previously investigating this topic as well. There are some community
efforts for HTTP sources, please have a look at the references below:

https://getindata.com/blog/data-enrichment-flink-sql-http-connector-flink-sql-part-one/
https://github.com/getindata/flink-http-connector
https://github.com/galgus/flink-connector-http

Best regards,
Alexander

--

Alexander Preuß | Engineer - Data Intensive Systems

alexanderpreuss@ververica.com

<https://www.ververica.com/>

Follow us @VervericaData

Conference

Ververica GmbH

Managing Directors: Karl Anton Wehner, Holger Temme, Yip Park Tung Jason,
Jinwei (Kevin) Zhang

Re:http stream as input data source