Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by David Arthur <da...@apache.org> on 2022/09/27 15:02:22 UTC

[VOTE] KIP-868 Metadata Transactions

Hey folks, I'd like to start a vote on KIP-868. This proposal adds
lightweight transactions to the KRaft controller. These transactions
will allow us to generate atomic batches of records that exceed the
current limits of the metadata layer.

Here is the KIP:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-868+Metadata+Transactions

And previous discussion:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/895pgb85l08g2l63k99cw5dt2qpjkxb9

Thanks to all who have reviewed so far!

Cheers,
David

Re: [VOTE] KIP-868 Metadata Transactions

Posted by David Arthur <mu...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the votes, everyone! I'll go ahead and close out this vote.
The vote passes with the following results:

* 3 binding +1 from Luke C, David J, and Mickael M
* 1 non-binding vote from Ziming
* No -1 votes

Thanks!
David

--
David Arthur

Re: [VOTE] KIP-868 Metadata Transactions

Posted by Mickael Maison <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

Posted by deng ziming <de...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for this KIP,