Posted to users@maven.apache.org by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> on 2005/05/13 18:31:59 UTC

Running integration tests

For one of my projects, I need to add some integration tests that are
separate from the unit tests.  The unit tests work as they should--they
are fully automated and run with every build.  The integration tests are
different in that they can't be fully automated since they depend on
some external resources (in this case a specifically configured server)
being available.  However, when these resources are in place I would
like to be able to use Maven to run the tests.  I didn't see a plugin
that directly addresses this situation, but did notice the
"integrationUnitTestSourceDirectory" element of the POM that has been
documented as deprecated.  Is anyone out there doing this sort of thing?
Is there a best practice I can follow for the fewest headaches?

Here was my planned approach:
1. Create an "integrationtest" directory tree in src that is a sibling
to the unit tests in "test".  The integrationtest directory will have a
java subdir for the source code, a resources directory for non-compiled
files that need to be in the classpath, and a data directory that
contains the files and instructions necessary for setting up the
external resources.
2. Create "integrationtest:xxx" goals in the project's maven.xml that
correspond to the test plugin goals the set the test plugin properties
to point to the integrationtest directory then run the corresponding
test goal.

Thanks,
..David..

Re: [m2] bug in eclipse:eclipse

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nicolas,

Please file it under MNG.

Thanks,
Brett

[m2] bug in eclipse:eclipse

RE: Running integration tests

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

Definitely... as soon as someone is interested in contributing and
maintaining the implementation for WAS. It's quite easy to do actually.

I'll be happy to support anyone who wants to help on that.

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Thomas Van de Velde <th...@gmail.com>.
Vincent,

Any plans on building Cargo support for WAS?

Cheers,
Thomas

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.

-Vincent