Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/04 10:51:35 UTC

dbproblem

hi
        im developing a application using struts in this there is a module
call candidate

    here the candidate has to register his  data after his registration
that will be forwarded to test page .jsp the problem is  when i refresh the
testpage .jsp the values registered again inserted into the Database   what
will be problem wat is way to clear it

thanks
jalal

Re: dbproblem

Posted by Mike Baroukh <mb...@cardiweb.com>.
Hi.

Maybe with a redirect to your view, not only a forward.
The best is to use javascript : with document.location.replace(view),
the user will not be able to make "bak" the post ...

Mike

--

Mike Baroukh

---
Cardiweb  - 31 Rue de Mogador Paris IXeme
06 63 57 27 22 - 01 53 21 82 63 - Jabber: mbaroukh@jabber.org
http://www.cardiweb.com
---

Re: dbproblem

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <an...@gmail.com>.
2007/5/4, jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com>:
> the problem is  when i refresh the
> testpage .jsp the values registered again inserted into the Database

If I understood you well, this is the tipical problem of the "double
submit". To solve it, you should use the "redirect after post"
pattern:
http://www.theserverside.com/tt/articles/article.tss?l=RedirectAfterPost

HTH
Antonio

Re: dbproblem

Posted by Mike Baroukh <mb...@cardiweb.com>.
 > I would guess you're either redirecting to the wrong
 > place or there is an exception preventing normal
 > completion.

I bet that the view use a form in request scope.
So, on redirect it is lost ...

You have to redirect to a view that take in parameter somting like an
object id an place it in request ...

Dave Newton a écrit :
> --- jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> i have used also redirect. when i use redirect i
> could
>> not find anything i the page that page displayed as
>> white empty
>
> I would guess you're either redirecting to the wrong
> place or there is an exception preventing normal
> completion.
>
> Normally I would tell someone to look in the log file.
>
> d.

Mike Baroukh

---

Re: dbproblem

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Re: dbproblem

Posted by jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi all

          i have used also redirect. when i use redirect i could not find
anything i the page that page displayed as white  empty

thanks
jalaludeen.h

Re: dbproblem

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
--- jalal udeen <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> the problem is  when i refresh the testpage .jsp the

> values registered again inserted into the Database

> what will be problem wat is way to clear it

Either post-redirect-get or tokens.

I'll let someone else answer the pagination question;
I wasn't even really sure where to begin.

d.