Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/15 17:42:33 UTC

[Tobago] Resolved/Closed issue status

Officially, our developer notes (hard to find currently!) state that
we close issues at the same time as we resolve them.

http://myfaces.apache.org/wiki/core/committer-and-pmc-guide/myfaces-developer-notes.html

I don't know if Tobago is using a different methodology and I'm fine
if we change or update what we do so long as it's consistent within a
specific project and documented, but right now I'm seeing Tobago
issues sometimes being closed and sometimes being resolved but not
closed.  I recommend that you pick something, document it above if it
differs, and be consistent with it.

Personally, I like to see issues resolved at the time of the fix, and
closed at the time of a release with the fix, but that puts more work
on the release manager.

Re: [Tobago] Resolved/Closed issue status

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
I am going to formally document our de facto resolve/close policy in
our wiki pages.

I am going to switch it from always close at time of resolve to
"resolve when fixed, close when released" since that is what we have
been doing.

Posted by Udo Schnurpfeil <ud...@schnurpfeil.de>.

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.