Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Fei Deng <du...@apache.org> on 2023/05/23 20:14:05 UTC

Changes to 0-RTT Early Data configurations

Hi All,

It's been requested that the configuration for 0-RTT early data needs to be
changeable per SNI. I've been working on this feature, and the following
example shows the changes I made. Please share your thoughts on this.

Note:

   1. The old config still exists, it is a general setting for all tls
   connections.
   2. sni.yaml can enable/disable 0-rtt per fqdn, this acts as an override
   of the general config.

Examples:

   1. proxy.config.ssl.server.max_early_data = 16384
      - blank sni.yaml -> old behavior, all connections support 0-rtt
      - sni.yaml specifies server_max_early_data = 0 for example.com  ->
      0-rtt disabled for example.com, all other connections support 0-rtt
   2. proxy.config.ssl.server.max_early_data = 0
      - blank sni.yaml -> old behavior, all connections doesn't support
      0-rtt
      - sni.yaml specifies server_max_early_data = 16384 for example.com
      -> 0-rtt enabled only for example.com, all other connections doesn’t
      support 0-rtt

Re: Changes to 0-RTT Early Data configurations

Posted by Fei Deng <du...@apache.org>.
No, just making sure this is ok with everyone. 😉

Posted by Masaori Koshiba <ma...@apache.org>.