Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Sundar Narayanasamy <su...@fourthstage.com> on 2001/06/21 21:38:31 UTC

SOAP-ENV:Client Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for property 'checkMustUnderstands'

Hello,

When I try to deploy my(and samples) soap object, I am encountering the
following exception. I had previously, succcessfully deployed and tested
this application. And installation has not been changed after that.

Ouch, the call failed:
   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Client
   Fault String = Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for property
'checkMustUnderstands' of class 'class
org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor'.

Any suggestions on where things are blowing up.

Cheers!
Sundar

RE: SOAP-ENV:Client Unable to retrieve PropertyDescriptor for property 'checkMustUnderstands'

Posted by Kartheek Hirode <kh...@home.com>.
Sundar,
If you have TcpTunnelGui working, you can check the SOAP Document in
clear-text.
You will probably see this line in there with the element
"checkMustUnderstands" having the xsi:type attribute...
<checkMustUnderstands xsi:type="xsd:boolean">

Try using a later version of Xerces such as 1.4 (my guess is you're using
1.2.* or 1.3.1) and see if the namespace problem gets resolved. Your error
is being thrown in the BeanSerializer class 'coz it can't find the
PropertyDescriptor for that element.
G'luck,
--KH

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi Sundar,

Make sure that you have removed all previous versions of Apache SOAP from
your classpath.

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.