Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by "Insurance Squared Inc." <gc...@insurancesquared.com> on 2006/03/06 17:58:40 UTC

move from nutch 0.71 to 0.8

I've seen it noted that a complete recrawl is necessary to migrate from
0.71 to 0.8.  Is this absolutely necessary?  Or could a converter be
created to migrate the data?  Has anyone created this?

I expect at some point I'll have to move versions and something like
this would be very useful.  If it's not been done yet and is possible,
we'll likely tackle it at some point.

Re: move from nutch 0.71 to 0.8

Posted by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org>.
Insurance Squared Inc. wrote:
> I've seen it noted that a complete recrawl is necessary to migrate
> from 0.71 to 0.8.  Is this absolutely necessary?  Or could a converter
> be created to migrate the data?  Has anyone created this?
> I expect at some point I'll have to move versions and something like
> this would be very useful.  If it's not been done yet and is possible,
> we'll likely tackle it at some point.

Yes, it should be possible to write a converter, but it's a lot of work
... You would need to code conversion routines for many structures,
because essentially all data containers are different in these two versions.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><