Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2004/02/16 21:42:30 UTC

project templates Was: [all] maven sites

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Mark R. Diggory wrote:

> I was thinking sandbox, because thats where all  projects start out and
> its logical that they won't know where commons-build really is.

Sounds good. Should be based on a sandbox project then, ie)
../../jakarta-commons/commons-build/project.xml as the extend.

> I've added some files to the cvs and you can go from there.
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-commons-sandbox/project-template
>
> there may be thing we want to remove/add to this. But I think this is
> the basic requirement for a project.xml.

I've removed a few things :) Hope that's okay.

Couple of questions:

Developers:  Should emails be in some form of lightly obscured format?
             Should url and timezone be included?

Resources:   Should we include .properties by default? In fact, can't most
             of the <build> go in the super-pom?

Hen

Re: project templates Was: [all] maven sites

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
Yes

Henri Yandell wrote:

> Discovery project.properties has:
>
> maven.repo.central=www.apache.org
> maven.repo.central.directory=/www/www.apache.org/dist/java-repository
> maven.remote.group=apcvs
>
> Should this be in the template pom.prop?
>
> Hen
>
> On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Mark R. Diggory wrote:
>

>>Henri Yandell wrote:

>>>Sounds good. Should be based on a sandbox project then, ie)
>>>../../jakarta-commons/commons-build/project.xml as the extend.
>>>

>>Yes, I was thinking that to.

>>>I've removed a few things :) Hope that's okay.
>>>

>>Cool
>>

>>>Couple of questions:
>>>
>>>Developers:  Should emails be in some form of lightly obscured format?
>>>             Should url and timezone be included?
>>>
>>>Resources:   Should we include .properties by default? In fact, can't most
>>>             of the <build> go in the super-pom?
>>>

>>Cool, sounds very good (considering all the spam my apache account seems
>>to get)
>>
>>--
>>Mark Diggory
>>Software Developer
>>Harvard MIT Data Center
>>http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

Mark Diggory
Software Developer
Harvard MIT Data Center
http://www.hmdc.harvard.edu

Re: project templates Was: [all] maven sites

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.
Some more questions:

<roles>  Is this pointless? It's always 'Java Developer', unless we switch
to ASF positions [PMC, Committer, Member], which should really be in a
different file. Really we need a members.xml file that sits outside of the
pom and is linked in. ie) something like:
http://jakarta.apache.org/~bayard/pergamum/j-c/member-roles.xml

Obviously something I need to take over to Maven.

<organization>  Also pointless? ie) this should really always be ASF and
not <insert-your-job-here> ?

Hen

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Resources:   Should we include .properties by default? In fact, can't most
>              of the <build> go in the super-pom?

Me idiot. This stuff is all in there by default. So the entire <build> can
be removed in the child project I'm guessing.

Hen