Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Georgios Kaklamanos <ge...@gwdg.de> on 2017/11/26 01:31:14 UTC

Status of Kafka011JsonTableSink for 1.4.0 release?

Hello,

I'm new to Flink and I'd like to use it along with Kafka 0.11, to do
some processing on a stream of JSON data.

I've been looking the docs of the Table API (and the relevant GitHub
code), and I see that recently there was a Kafka011JsonTableSource
submitted, which will be available in the Flink 1.4 release.

Would there also be a Kafka011JsonTableSink in the near future (1.4
release), or I'd have to fall back to Kafka 0.10 for now?

Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
George

Georgios Kaklamanos
Research Assistant, e-Science Group, GWDG
mailto: georgios.kaklamanos@gwdg.de
Telefon: 0551 201-26803
GWDG - Gesellschaft für wissenschaftliche
Datenverarbeitung mbH Göttingen
Am Faßberg 11, 37077 Göttingen, Germany

WWW: www.gwdg.de    mailto: gwdg@gwdg.de
Phone: +49 (0) 551 201-1510
Fax:   +49 (0) 551 201-2150
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Ramin Yahyapour
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Christian Griesinger
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Göttingen
Registergericht: Göttingen
Handelsregister-Nr. B 598
Zertifiziert nach ISO 9001

Re: Status of Kafka011JsonTableSink for 1.4.0 release?

Posted by Georgios Kaklamanos <ge...@gwdg.de>.
Hi Fabian,

Thanks for the answer.

I had seen the Kafka Producer but, from a quick look, I didn't seem to
find something like a JSON Serialization Schema, which I need since the
next app in my pipeline, expects to read the data in JSON.

So hoping for a TableJSONSink, I didn't look more into it. I'll check it
now.

Best,
George

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.