Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2016/07/04 09:24:33 UTC

[Discuss] Prepare releasing v1.5.3

Hi Kylin developers,

It has been more than 1 month since v1.5.2 release; There are a couple of
major bug fixes and enhancements after that, and recently master branch
becomes stable (CI gets all success in past week); So I would suggest to
prepare a v1.5.3 branch from master now, then the community can start
testing on that;

This link shows the bug fix and enhancements in v1.5.3:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12334169&jql=project%20%3D%20KYLIN%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20v1.5.3

Please share your thought and comment. Thanks!

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: [Discuss] Prepare releasing v1.5.3

Posted by Li Yang <li...@apache.org>.
+1

going through my JIRAs...

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
Dear commiters,

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by hongbin ma <ma...@apache.org>.
​+1

We should release on regular basis.​
Some known bugs could easily become show stoppers for new comers.

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 5:24 PM, ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Kylin developers,
>
> It has been more than 1 month since v1.5.2 release; There are a couple of
> major bug fixes and enhancements after that, and recently master branch
> becomes stable (CI gets all success in past week); So I would suggest to
> prepare a v1.5.3 branch from master now, then the community can start
> testing on that;
>
> This link shows the bug fix and enhancements in v1.5.3:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12334169&jql=project%20%3D%20KYLIN%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%20v1.5.3
>
> Please share your thought and comment. Thanks!
>
> --
> Best regards,
>
> Shaofeng Shi

*Bin Mahone | 马洪宾*