Posted to user@struts.apache.org by draegoon Z <dr...@hotmail.com> on 2005/11/29 22:34:22 UTC

displaying errors, not html

I have an application that has a popup displaying all errors on a page.

After the popup is closed I need a way to get each error for the individual
properties.

tag

that won't allow it. I need a way to get the error string for a property
using EL, JSTL style

from the request directly. Should be simple, right?

Re: displaying errors, not html

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
draegoon Z wrote:
> I have an application that has a popup displaying all errors on a page.
>
> After the popup is closed I need a way to get each error for the
> individual properties.

> another tag
>
> that won't allow it. I need a way to get the error string for a property
> using EL, JSTL style
>
> from the request directly. Should be simple, right?

I'm not sure I understand what you want to do or why you can't use
html:errors (or the preferred html:messages). If you really need to
reference error messages with JSTL, the easiest way is probably to store
them into a scripting variable (e.g. using c:set) and then use JSTL to
reference the scripting variable.

L.