Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Marc de Palol <ma...@last.fm> on 2009/07/22 16:30:54 UTC

Writting a SerDe

Hi all,

i've seen in this thread (Hive Serde):

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-hive-user/200907.mbox/%
3ccbbf4b570907130836i7b3563c3x5a1030e8cdd90d71@mail.gmail.com%3e

that you're writing a how-to for adding new Serdes to Hive. I'd like to
know the state of that how-to.  I need to read RecordIO and seems that
Hive doesn't support it anymore (it did support it in Serde1 right?)

any reasons why is not supported any more in serde2 ?

In case this how-to is not coming shortly, could you point me to the
right direction to start writing my own serde? maybe in the 'lazy'
package in /serde/src/java/org/apache/hadoop/hive/serde2 ?

thanks in advance.