Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by wiwi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/30 11:48:38 UTC

Clustering design question

Hi,

Some time ago I needed to have a forwarding logic - a separate amq broker
instance which contains a couple of topics from the main instance. I was
really surprised when I read the documentation - I need to configure the
main broker where to forward those 2 topics. But the logic behind tells me
the opposite - this second amq broker is just another consumer - it needs to
connect to the main broker, subscribe to the specified topics and re-publish
those into its own topic. It perfectly fits the idea of durable and
non-durable subscriber as well.

Why it not like this?