Posted to user@shale.apache.org by Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> on 2006/10/27 10:43:13 UTC

Re: scxml dialog problem - if session is invalid, state machine hangs and navigation is broken

Hm ignore this - its working now, don't know why, but testet in dozen
times without success, minutes after writing the mail it does :-|, maybe
i found out why, only cleared out my cookies, i dont believe that this
could be reason.

Torsten

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 10/27/06, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/27/06, Torsten Krah <tk...@fachschaft.imn.htwk-leipzig.de> wrote:
> > Hm ignore this - its working now, don't know why, but testet in dozen
> > times without success, minutes after writing the mail it does :-|, maybe
> > i found out why, only cleared out my cookies, i dont believe that this
> > could be reason.
> >
> <snip/>
>
> Hmm.
>
> If I were invalidating the session while a dialog was active (never
> tried that), I'd probably manually stop() the dialog and clean up
> (IIRC, the context gets placed in the request scope after the restore
> view phase) so the Shale dialog navigation handler delegates to the
> original as desired (which, it seems, is already working for you).

I suspect this is a use case we'll want to document (for both the basic and
the SCXML implementations).  The dialog manager maintains all its per-user
state information in the HTTP session, so when you invalidate that it all
goes away -- the next request will have a problem because it will specify a
dialog identifier that no longer exists.

Manually stopping any dialogs that are currently in progress seems like the
right approach for a "logout" scenario.

-Rahul

Craig

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.