Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Marc Pellmann <pe...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/07 08:56:37 UTC

Problems with build in non-english (german) environment

Hi,

I tried to build NiFi from source and had some problems with my german
OS(X). Some tests did not passed because there have been errors with . vs ,
in the tests.

Example:

[ERROR] testFormatDataSize(org.apache.nifi.processor.TestFormatUtils)  Time
elapsed: 0.004 s <<< FAILURE! org.junit.ComparisonFailure: expected:<10[.]4
bytes> but was:<10[,]4 bytes> at
org.apache.nifi.processor.TestFormatUtils.testFormatDataSize(TestFormatUtils.java:91)

Of course it works when I switch my OS to english/US, but that is not
really a solution. To set this with system variables like JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS
with -Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US -Duser.region=US did not worked.

The only solution was to set it in the pom.xml for the surefire plugin
directly:

<maven.surefire.arguments>-Duser.language=en -Duser.country=US
-Duser.region=US</maven.surefire.arguments>

Is there a different solution? Or if not - shouldn't this be the default?

Thanks,

Marc

Re: Problems with build in non-english (german) environment

Posted by Marc Pellmann <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeff,

yes, my issue is fixed with your PR!

Thanks,
Marc

Posted by Jeff <jt...@gmail.com>.
Marc,

Posted by Arpad Boda <ab...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marc Pellmann <pe...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
I filed a JIRA NIFI-6531 [1], and will look into it.

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Marc,