Posted to dev@apisix.apache.org by Zeping Bai <bz...@apache.org> on 2021/08/10 07:11:14 UTC

[DISCUSS] New user authentication framework for Dashboard

Hi, everyone.

Currently, dashboard only supports basic username + password login mode.
Moreover, the password is stored in the configuration file and password hash
is not supported. There are problems with ease of use and security.

I have designed a scheme and a simple code prototype for this, and
published
it on GitHub [1]. I look forward to your feedback to help it become better.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/apisix-dashboard/pull/2010#issuecomment-895737216

Best regards!
Zeping Bai

Re: [DISCUSS] New user authentication framework for Dashboard

Posted by JunXu Chen <ch...@apache.org>.
+1 LGTM

This is more convenient for users to manage the account and password of the
dashboard

Posted by Peter Zhu <st...@apache.org>.
> use etcd to save user information and save
user's password after hashed.

Agree with it.

Xiran Liu <li...@apache.org> 于2021年8月12日周四 下午2:48写道:

Posted by Xiran Liu <li...@apache.org>.