Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Michael Schmitt <mi...@gmx.de> on 2003/03/16 13:54:58 UTC

No doSelectJoin...() ?

Hi,
I am new to this mailing list, so I don't know if this topic was discussed
earlier.
In the documentation (Peers Howto) I found a part that talks about methods
like 'doSelectJoinCategory()' in class ItemPeer. I cannot find anny of these
methods in my generated 'Peer' classes.
As far as I understand the documentation, these methods will automatically
populate referenced objects (foreign  keys in my db).
My question(s):
What do I have to do so that Torque generates these methods?
Well, what I really want is that Torque auutomatically populates referenced
objects, so that there is no extra db-select whhen accessing the referenced
object.
bye,
michael

Re: No doSelectJoin...() ?

Posted by Zamek <za...@vili.pmmf.hu>.
Hi,

doSelectJoinxxx is protected in BaseXXXPeer.java. If you want to use it, you
have to take it public.
in your XXXPeer.java:

  public List selectJoinXXX (Criteria cr) throws TorqueException {
    return doSelectJoinXXX (cr);
  }

--
bye,