Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "MARTINEZ, ARIEL" <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu> on 2020/12/22 16:05:22 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Questions about Reservations/Scheduling

Hi Josh,

Thanks for following up with this information. I think that the Block Reservation functionality will work well for our use case scenario since it will ensure that there are resources available for students during their scheduled class time and it will be good for an entire semster as defined in the start / end dates. While they will still need to make a reservation, I think it is still a good process that avoids the possibility of students using resources outside of their class time.

Thanks again,

Ariel

Posted by Henry Schaffer <he...@ncsu.edu>.
Ariel,
On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 11:05 AM MARTINEZ, ARIEL <AM...@hostos.cuny.edu>
wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Thanks for following up with this information. I think that the Block
> Reservation functionality will work well for our use case scenario since it
> will ensure that there are resources available for students during their
> scheduled class time and it will be good for an entire semster as defined
> in the start / end dates. While they will still need to make a reservation,
> I think it is still a good process that avoids the possibility of students
> using resources outside of their class time.

  My understanding is that the Block Reservation as described at
https://vcl.ncsu.edu/get-help/documentation/requesting-a-blockclassroom-allocation/

allocates resources for the specific group of users and so works for your
use case scenario. It doesn't keep users in that group from using resources
(which they are authorized to use) whenever they make a reservation -
within or outside of their class time.

--henry