Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by "Knost, Phillip" <Ph...@McKesson.com> on 2003/06/10 15:17:47 UTC

Reversedb - a new problem?

I'm relatively new to OJB, and I really like what I've seen of it so
far.  I searched the archives, but didn't see anyone have the same
problem with reversedb, so here goes:

Using ojb 1.0 rc3, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 and 9.2.0.1 JDBC driver, reversedb
correctly reads the schema I want, and also generates what appears to be
valid XML for the repository.  However, when I try to generate java,
clicking on the Save button does nothing.  The save dialog just sits
there.  The only things that works is to cancel.

I really don't want to have to manually code the classes for this
schema, as there are many tables.  Any suggestions?

Phil Knost
Sr. DBA
McKesson Information Solutions

AW: Reversedb - a new problem?

Posted by Florian Bruckner <bf...@florianbruckner.com>.
Hi Phil,

> Using ojb 1.0 rc3, Oracle 9.2.0.1.0 and 9.2.0.1 JDBC driver, reversedb
> correctly reads the schema I want, and also generates what appears to be
> valid XML for the repository.  However, when I try to generate java,
> clicking on the Save button does nothing.  The save dialog just sits
> there.  The only things that works is to cancel.
>
> I really don't want to have to manually code the classes for this
> schema, as there are many tables.  Any suggestions?

I fear there won't be a short term solution for your problem within
reversedb. What you can try is to generate Java classes from the your
respository descriptor with XSLT. I think someone posted a stylesheet on the
list which is doing exactly what you need.

regards,

Florian