Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kathryn Huxtable <kh...@ku.edu> on 2006/03/23 23:48:10 UTC

scpexe doesn't preserve g:w permission

Okay, I'm fed up with this. I'm using Maven 2.0.2 with wagon-ssh-external
version 1.0-alpha-6. (When will 1.0 be released?)

I specify my group's internal repository URL thusly:

    <url>scpexe://myfqdn/home/aims/maven2/repository/</url>

where myfqdn is my server's DNS name.

In my <server> settings in my settings.xml I have

    <server>
        <id>itcm-repository</id>
        <filePermissions>664</filePermissions>
       <directoryPermissions>775</directoryPermissions>

      <username>huxtable</username>
    </server>

The files and directories are created, but the directories have 755 instead
of 775 permissions.

If I change my repository URL in my settings.xml and my pom.xml from scpexe
to either sftp or scp then the permissions are correct.

I won't use that because it doesn't use my ssh-agent and it either wants me
to type in a password, include a password in my settings.xml, or include my
passphrase in my settings.xml file. I won't do that, nor should I have to.

Does anyone have this working?

If I were to look at the code to try to fix it, what code would I download
and where would I look? I don't have lots of time for this.

In the meantime, we just manually fix up the directory modes after deploying
to a new directory.

--
Kathryn Huxtable
Middleware Architect