Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/02 12:24:35 UTC

Why is Panel not abstract?

I just got a question about:

Markup of type 'html' for component
'org.apache.wicket.markup.html.panel.Panel' not found

because it used a panel (but he meant to use in this example a
WebMarkupContainer)
But i think he shouldnt be allowed to say new Panel() at all...
I would expect that it would be abstract just like Page or am i missing
something obvious here?

johan

Re: Why is Panel not abstract?

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Would it break the API in 1.4.x?  The Panel class isn't usable as a
concrete class, so folks probably aren't doing new Panel() (and if
they are, they shouldn't be).  No big deal, really I guess.

Re: Why is Panel not abstract?

Posted by Jonas <ba...@gmail.com>.