Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gciuloaica <gc...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/21 18:00:19 UTC

pde-maven-plugin usage

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap a jar in a plug-in. The jar is build using maven and
deployed in local repository.
In the pom.xml file of the Eclipse plug-in I'm setting a dependency to that
artifact.
I'm getting an error while maven is trying to build the plug-in in pde
build.xml file complaining about the interface that the plug-in is
exporting. I'm not sure how to link the the plug-in with the jar file. I
have added the name of the jar file into build.properties file that the
eclipse plug-in has generted. How do I link information in build.properties?

Below is the pom.xml content:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>com.agileway.scrumplanner</groupId>
  <artifactId>ScrumPlannerCoreApiPlugIn</artifactId>
  <packaging>zip</packaging>
  <name>ScrumPlannerCoreApiPlugIn</name>
  <version>0.0.1</version>
  <description>
    Eclipse plug-in wrapping ScrumPlannerCoreApi module.
  </description>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>com.agileway.scrumplanner</groupId>
      <artifactId>ScrumPlannerCoreAPI</artifactId>
      <version>0.0.1</version>
      <scope>runtime</scope>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>log4j</groupId>
      <artifactId>log4j</artifactId>
      <version>1.2.14</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
  <build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>pde-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <extensions>true</extensions>

        <configuration>

          <eclipseInstall>c:\eclipse</eclipseInstall>
        </configuration>
      </plugin>
    </plugins>
  </build>
</project>

Re: pde-maven-plugin usage

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 2/22/07, Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> you will need to get maven-dependency-plugin to copy your dependent jars
> into the place where your eclipse PDE expected.

See http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Eclipse+Plugin for how
to use maven-dependency-plugin to create your eclipse target
directory.

Re: pde-maven-plugin usage

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
you will need to get maven-dependency-plugin to copy your dependent jars
into the place where your eclipse PDE expected.

-D