Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org> on 2004/10/28 19:11:01 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Jakarta Turbine 2.3.1 is available

The Jakarta Turbine team is pleased to announce the release of Jakarta
Turbine Version 2.3.1, a maintenance release of the Jakarta Turbine 2.3
branch.

Turbine is a servlet based framework that allows experienced Java
developers to quickly build web applications. Turbine allows you to use
personalize the web sites and to use user logins to restrict access to
parts of your application.

Turbine is a matured and well established framework that is used as the
base of many other projects.

The list of changes can be viewed at
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine/turbine-2.3.1/changes-report.html

The full documentation is available at
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine/turbine-2.3.1/

The release is available through the Apache Mirror System and the Maven
Repository at ibiblio.org

Apache Mirror System
====================

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/jakarta/turbine/turbine-2.3.1/

or

http://www.apache.org/dist/jakarta/turbine/turbine-2.3.1/ (until the
mirrors are synced)

Maven repository
================

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/turbine/
http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/turbine/

Dependencies:

<dependency>
  <groupId>turbine</groupId>
  <artifactId>turbine</artifactId>
  <version>2.3.1</version>
  <url>http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/download.html</url>
  <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

 - The Jakarta Turbine Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Jakarta Turbine 2.3.1 is available

Posted by Akmal Sarhan <as...@byteaction.de>.
Hi,

I am trying to port existing applications written with T2.2 to T2.3.1
and I came across the following issue:

using the upload service with the following code:

<form enctype="multipart/form-data" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="UploadExample" />
<input type="file" name="filename">
<input type="submit" value="upload" />
</form>

und clicking on the submit button without choosing any files would make the folowing java code
result in an instance of org.apache.commons.fileupload.DefaultFileItem and not null as expected and as
the situation was back in T2.2

ParameterParser params = data.getParameters();

        //grab the FileItems available in ParameterParser
        FileItem fi = params.getFileItem("filename");

bug, feature?

thanks

Akmal

Posted by David Wynter <da...@roamware.co.uk>.
Hi,

OK, META helloworld works as advertised.

Now i have taken a copy of all the config files in hellowporld directory and
copied them into my current T2.3 application directory. Then I moved the
templates, conf directory and the src directory (and few others had to be
moved) to the same relative positions in the directory tree as helloworld
has its.

Now since I have lots of extra jars in my application assume I have to add
these to project.xml. Not sure where to put them locally though, as I am not
using in container deployment. Nor is it clear how to address them if they
are not on a server somewhere, but local. Needless to say the turbine:deploy
tatget fails with lots of missing dependencies.

I also note that after running the turbine:deploy target only some of my
properties files get copied to the WEB-INF/conf directory. Toque.proeprties,
Log4J.properties, common-logging.properties and the 2 Avalon files are not
deployed? How come?

David

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by David Wynter <da...@roamware.co.uk>.
Found an old email by Henning which explained what to do about common
logging problems.

So I added this to me Servlet.xml conf file.

     <Context path="/transformer" docBase="transformer" reloadable="true">
        <Loader delegate="false"/>
     </Context>

Now I have empty log file sbeing created according to what is in my
Log4J.properties file. But they are empty, so only a small step forward.

Trouble is that the Tomcat list had told me to remove the Context for my
app, so now I have a consequence, I have my app load twice.

So 2 problems, empty logs and rstarting twice.

David

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by David Wynter <da...@roamware.co.uk>.
Hi,

Obvious next step was to build Strtum using Maven, this fails too as it
cannot find the dependency jms-1.0.2b.jar. Funny thing is if you google on
this jar name neither can you find it.

David

Repository at ibiblio.org

Apache Mirror System