Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Abe Ratnofsky <ab...@aber.io> on 2022/06/03 07:15:17 UTC

Expected migration path from Maven Ant Tasks writepom task

Hello,

I’m looking to migrate a project that uses Maven Ant Tasks to use Maven Artifact Resolver Ant Tasks instead. It looks like most of the functionality we need related to dependency resolution is available, but the artifact:writepom task is not. We use writepom to create POMs from a single build.xml file in Ant.

What is the expected migration path for the writepom task?

It seems like Maven Artifact Resolver Ant Tasks expects POMs to already exist as files. We could move our POM model out of build.xml into files referenced by Ant, or use something like Ant’s echo task to create the pom.xml file on build.

Thanks,
Abe