Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by sub3 <st...@subwest.com> on 2012/11/04 00:48:49 UTC

Re: Topic - Wait for space

I think I might have found where I am using up memory, my policyEntry looks
like:

  <policyEntry topic=">" memoryLimit="10mb" gcInactiveDestinations="true"
inactiveTimoutBeforeGC="600000">
    <dispatchPolicy>
      <strictOrderDispatchPolicy/>
    </dispatchPolicy>
    <pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
      <constantPendingMessageLimitStrategy limit="2500"/>
    </pendingMessageLimitStrategy>
  </policyEntry>

Does the space for the 2500 messages for slow consumers not come out of the
10mb for each consumer, but instead out of the overall SystemUsage memory?

Thanks.