Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com> on 2007/07/16 20:27:30 UTC

New Generic Autocomplete (contribute?)

Hi, some time ago I ran into some problems using the autocomplete that comes
in the extensions.

As I struggled I finally downloaded all the code, javascript, etc. and
decided to take a deeper look.

What I found out was that the hole autocomplete controller functions in the
client side (JavaScript) had fix reference for the objects or elements that
compose the autocomplete menu and choices. As I tried to change the default
render from a  ul and li elements to a table with specific styling I came
across with the impossibility with the current implementation.

I think a new form of autocomplete is needed. One that could better abstract
scenarios in which user don't want to use the UL LI elements.

I plan in developing one, if the boss approves, and wanted to know if I can
send it to some of you so you 'll review it and see if I can contribute some
to the cause... ;-)

f(t)

Re: New Generic Autocomplete (contribute?)

Posted by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com>.
Ryan where do I get the wicket-scriptaculous for 1.3.beta 2

Posted by Francisco Diaz Trepat - gmail <fr...@gmail.com>.
Thats allright I removed the line that added the
org/wicketstuff/scriptaculous/autocomplete/AbstractAutocompleteBehavior.js
because this file no longuer exist.

And worked.

But I will contribute latter with a new autocomplete. Nice the opacity
incrementation of scriptaculous thaugh ;-).

Thanks guys, latter on I'll contact you or Igor so you may review the code,
and to ask some directions on how to contribute the work.

I'll be extending Igor's version I think.

Thanks,
f(t)

PS: probably tomorrow.

Posted by Ryan Sonnek <ry...@gmail.com>.