Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/17 09:10:35 UTC

Apache Project Branding Requirements

Hi all,

The Tradmark PMC requested from all PMCs to verify their project sites
conform with the Apache Project Branding Requirements [1].

I quickly scanned our site and compared it with the requirements. I
found a few quick-to-fix issues, like adding "TM" to the first notion of
Apache Sling, website navigation links, addding trademark attributions
to all pages.

There remain three issues I think:

  * We should add the TM symbol to our Sling logo and run it by
    the Trademark PMC(where ? Maybe inside the "g" ?)
  * We should review our powered-by logo. I think we once had one.
    If not we should probably create one and ensure it is also
    placed on our sample content.
  * We should probably validate (with the Trademark PMC) the image
    we use for the link to the Apache main site.

Comments welcome.

Regards
Felix

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs