Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Darren Kukulka <Da...@connaught.plc.uk> on 2008/01/23 10:39:51 UTC

Help with Tomcat and mod_jk

Hi All,

Running Tomcat 6.0.13 on Windows Server 2003 x64 with an Apache Web
Server 2.2.4 (on a separate server) with mod_jk 1.2.20

Regularly getting these in the log - same warning every time...

23-Jan-2008 08:24:56 org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext action

WARNING: Error sending end packet

java.net.SocketException: Software caused connection abort: socket write
error

            at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(SocketOutputStream.java:92)

            at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.write(SocketOutputStream.java:136)

            at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.send(ChannelSocket.java:531)

            at
org.apache.jk.common.JkInputStream.endMessage(JkInputStream.java:121)

            at org.apache.jk.core.MsgContext.action(MsgContext.java:301)

            at org.apache.coyote.Response.action(Response.java:183)

            at org.apache.coyote.Response.finish(Response.java:305)

            at
org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:195)

            at
org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:283)

            at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:767)

            at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:
697)

            at
org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket$SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.
java:889)

            at
.java:686)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

23-Jan-2008 08:24:56 org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket
processConnection

WARNING: processCallbacks status 2

The workers.properties file contains the following for the worker
involved;

worker.worker7.type=ajp13

worker.worker7.host=fred.abc.co.uk

worker.worker7.port=8009

worker.worker7.socket_timout=300

worker.worker7.socket_keepalive=true

(I think the socket_timout is unsupported for this level of mod_jk, but
to tell the truth I can't seem to find the relevant directives
documentation!)

The httpd.conf contains...

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so

JkWorkersFile conf/workers.properties

JkShmFile     logs/mod_jk.shm

JkLogFile     logs/mod_jk.log

JkLogLevel    info

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Cheers,

Darren.

Disclaimer:

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete this message.

Connaught plc, Head Office 01392 444546

Disclaimer
This email message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast.
Mimecast delivers a complete managed email solution from a single web based platform.
For more information please visit www.mimecast.com

RE: Help with Tomcat and mod_jk

Posted by Darren Kukulka <Da...@connaught.plc.uk>.
Thanks Rainer, I'll look into upgrading the apache/mod_jk combination

> Running Tomcat 6.0.13 on Windows Server 2003 x64 with an Apache Web
> Server 2.2.4 (on a separate server) with mod_jk 1.2.20

We are currently at 2.2.8/1.2.26 ...

See http://www.nabble.com/mod_jk-broken-pipe-ts6882827.html

> The workers.properties file contains the following for the worker
> involved;

> (I think the socket_timout is unsupported for this level of mod_jk,
but
> to tell the truth I can't seem to find the relevant directives
> documentation!)

http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/generic_howto/timeouts.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html
http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/apache.html