Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by vijay shanker <vi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/02 14:30:07 UTC

(Unknown)

Hello friends.

            I am very new to this API and I got to make some decisions.

            - what should I use in production in my team.(HttpClient4,
HttpClient3 or HttpCore).  How they are different with each other.

            - I need some document regarding connection management and
authentication.

                        As I am not aware of these thing I need a very basic
example of things that happens to execute at both client desktop and server
side in case of authentication.

Re:

Posted by vijay shanker <vi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> vijay shanker wrote:
>

> > Hello friends.
> >
> >            I am very new to this API and I got to make some decisions.
> >
> >            - what should I use in production in my team.(HttpClient4,
> > HttpClient3 or HttpCore).  How they are different with each other.
> >

> * HttpClient 3.x is very stable and relatively well documented
>
> * HttpClient 4.0 has a much better, cleaner architecture, is 15-30%
> faster, but it is still not API stable and does not implement certain
> features such as NTLM authentication.
>
> * HttpCore is a set of low level _transport_ components that can be used
> to implement HTTP client, server and proxy services. HttpCore does not
> provide connection management, state management, authentication and other
> higher level components. HttpClient 4.0 is built on top of HttpCore.
>
> Oleg
>
>             - I need some document regarding connection management and
> > authentication.
> >
> >                        As I am not aware of these thing I need a very
> > basic
> > example of things that happens to execute at both client desktop and
> > server
> > side in case of authentication.

So, I should you HttpClient3 by now???
Vijay Shanker