Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Sukhbir <su...@nagarro.com> on 2019/02/04 13:17:40 UTC

Facing Issue while connecting to remote-app using QuickConnect Ext

Hi,

I'm trying to connect remote-app using guacamole quick connect extension.
The URI I'm using is of the form :
*"rdp://username@ip?domain=my.domain&port=3389&security=nla&ignore-cert=true&password=mypassw0rd&remote-app=win32calc"*.
When I connect using the above URI, I'm facing a black screen.
To work around this issue I have to add "||" (double pipe symbol) for
remote-app, but when adding double pipe, an error of *invalid URL* is
thrown.

Now I tried using postman for the same, and then added "||" in the as shown
below:
*"rdp://username@ip?domain=my.domain&port=3389&security=nla&ignore-cert=true&password=mypassw0rd&remote-app=||win32calc"*.

This is the error i'm facing: "*{"message":"Invalid URI
Syntax","translatableMessage":{"key":"QUICKCONNECT.ERROR_INVALID_URI","variables":null},"statusCode":null,"expected":null,"type":"BAD_REQUEST"}*".

If I try using the admin connection UI and add the same connection in that,
then I'm able to connect to the remote-app. While adding the connection I
have added pipe symbol in the remote-app name.

Please give some workaround on how to use remote app using quick connect
extension.

Re: Facing Issue while connecting to remote-app using QuickConnect Ext

Posted by Sukhbir <su...@nagarro.com>.
Hi Nick,
I have used %7C also but it is also not working.

Re: Facing Issue while connecting to remote-app using QuickConnect Ext

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 8:25 AM brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not a guacamole dev but perhaps you need to escape the "||" with
> backslashes?
>
> *"rdp://username@ip
> ?domain=my.domain&port=3389&security=nla&ignore-cert=true&password=mypassw0rd&
> *remote-app=\|\|win32calc"*.*

If the backslash doesn't work, try using the pre-encoded value for the pipe
of %7C - it looks like maybe the encoding doesn't handle the pipes for some
reason or another.

-Nick

Re: Facing Issue while connecting to remote-app using QuickConnect Ext

Posted by Sukhbir <su...@nagarro.com>.
Thanks for quick reply.
But I have tried using all the escape routes like backslashes, or like %7C
which is the escape character for "|" and *it didn't work.*

Re: Facing Issue while connecting to remote-app using QuickConnect Ext

Posted by brian mullan <bm...@gmail.com>.