Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Julian Klein <ce...@yahoo.com> on 2002/12/03 22:19:13 UTC

Dual Configuration

Hello All,

I am new to Slide and I really think it is great!  I
have set it up to run over my network with SSL.  I
originally used the config where one would drop the
slide.war file in the tomcat webapp directory, but
recently I downloaded the binary and began using the
embedded config rather than my original Tomcat
implementation.  I am wondering which setup is better
and more configurable in order to alter stores and
revision controlls?  I am eventually going to desire
greater access for clients to Slide and stored
revisions via a workflow automated webapp.  As far as
I understand Slide, most of this is not possible
through the current webapp and I would have to build
my mods with the API.

Thanks in advance,
Julian

Re: History problem

Posted by Jean-Philippe Courson <ju...@apache.org>.
Hi Jim,

Did you activated deltaV into Domain.xml ?

If not, versioning won't be active.

JP

wrappers.catalina.WebdavHost and versioning

Posted by Julian Klein <ce...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I am running Tomcat 4.1.12 with the cvs snapshot of
slide for 12/05/02.  I have been trying to setup
versioning per Thomas Schueppel's explanation:
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02388.html
however when I start tomact I get the following error
in catalina.out.  I looked at the
slide-catalinawrapper.jar and the WebdavHost.class was
not present (WebdavHostConfig.class was present).  So
I did a clean install and again the same problem.
Could it be that I am using xerces implementation with
xercesParseAPIs.jar serving as my jaxp.jar?  Any input
appreciated...

Thanks in Advance,
Julian

Dec 5, 2002 4:03:26 PM
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester startElement
SEVERE: Begin event threw exception
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
wrappers.catalina.WebdavHost
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:992)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.StandardClassLoader.loadClass(StandardClassLoader.java:857)
	at
org.apache.commons.digester.ObjectCreateRule.begin(ObjectCreateRule.java:252)
	at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1237)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1490)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1779)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1507)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:500)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:305)
	at
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:442)
	at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1495)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:449)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
	at
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
	at
	at
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
wrappers.catalina.WebdavHost
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
wrappers.catalina.WebdavHost
	at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2312)
	at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java:2332)
	at
org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.startElement(Digester.java:1240)
[...]

=====
Live simply so others may simply live.
�
-Ghandi
�
Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate.
"Entities should not be multiplied unneccesarily"
�
-William of Occam

Re: Design question

Posted by Jim Collins <ja...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll look at the SimpleWebdavServlet.

Jim.
Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Jim,

Design question

Re: History problem

Posted by Jim Collins <ja...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your help. I had <parameter name="version">false</parameter> in
the contenstore. I changed this to true and it works fine.

Regards

Jim.

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Jim,