Posted to olio-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shanti Subramanyam <Sh...@Sun.COM> on 2009/05/01 16:35:11 UTC

#images/Home page problem with rails app

Will,
 Remember this issue ? We were seeing much less than 3 images/home page
retrieved and so hacked the misc. stats to reduce the count to 2.5. I
was doing some debugging in development mode and found that I was
getting close to 3. So I set "config.action_controller.perform_caching =
false" in production.rb and indeed the #images is much higher now - 2.97
for a 50 user run.

All my googling didn't tell me what exactly happens with this
perform_caching happens. The only info I found was that rails will cache
the results of a sql query for the duration of this request and re-use
the results if the same query is executed again. But I can't imagine why
this should have any impact on the images included in the home page ?

Shanti