Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Raphael Bircher <r....@gmx.ch> on 2012/08/14 09:57:15 UTC

First Experiance with Testlink

Hi at all

I played around with the new testlink instance and I want to share my
first experiances. First of all, Testlink is quite different to the old
TCM. It's more complicated, but also more powerfull. And Testlink is
extendable.

There are many different rules, for my point of view too many. But the
rules are compleet adaptable, and so we can simplify them, if we want.

I was able to create a project. At the moment we have only testprojects.
For my point of view, it makes sense to create a Project for each AOO
version. (AOO341 AOO35 etc.) Also I beleve it's a good idea to have a
basic project who all testcases are stored. The big question is, how to
bring over the testcases from a basic project to a working project. The
GUI from Testlink offer a possibility to build a project on the basis of
an other project. Unfortunaly this function does not take over the
testcases. You can export and import testcases via XML, but I don't know
if Testlink is able to handle multiple testcases export/import.

I was able to create a Testcases, but what I miss is a Checkbox for the
Testers (pass/fail) and a comment box. Also I miss a overview over all
tests. The first one will be easy to solve. We cann add this fields. The
seccond one is probabily not so easy.

Greatings to all
Raphael

Re: First Experiance with Testlink

Posted by Francisco Mancardi <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone:

As Team Leader of TestLink, I'm very happy to read that you found it useful.
Important things:

1. new release 1.9.4 (with improvements in performance) is going to be released
on 20120902

2. You can get important info on several places

2.1 www.teamst.org -> here there is a user forum
2.2 http://mantis.testlink.org => our mantis site to report issues and ask for
features
2.3 our twitter => https://twitter.com/tlopensource

It will be very important for us if (after you have finished your evaluation),
you can do a post on
http://www.teamst.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=26d5e2a04a3b4be3fc7f50ef55c236ea

You can also get hints and news on

http://www.teamst.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=14&sid=26d5e2a04a3b4be3fc7f50ef55c236ea

http://www.teamst.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=25&sid=26d5e2a04a3b4be3fc7f50ef55c236ea

A new version of our official documentation will be published on September,
meanwhile you can get the manual here:

http://gitorious.org/testlink-ga/testlink-documentation

Best Regards

Francisco Mancardi

Re: First Experiance with Testlink

Posted by Ji Yan <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Raphael,

  To address your concern. I'd suggest we use only one project to store all
test cases, and test plan will be helpful to differentiate each release.
e.g. create one test plan for AOO 3.5, and another one for AOO 4.0. So one
test case can be added into both AOO 3.5 and AOO 4.0 test plan. Also in the
test plan you will be able enter your test result, we can call it test
execution.

--

Thanks & Best Regards, Yan Ji

Re: First Experiance with Testlink

Posted by Li Feng Wang <ph...@gmail.com>.
I already wrote a TestLink Usage Guide,
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/QA/TestLink
Hope to have some help.

2012/8/15 YangTerry <po...@hotmail.com>

> [...]
>  (pass/fail) selection.
>
> For the second, Once you create and active an test plan, you can see there
> have a link Test Report add into the navigation.
> There are 16 kinds of report, hope it can solve your here.
>
> Test Plan Report
> Test Report
> General Test Plan Metrics
> Results by Tester per Build
> Test Case Assignment Overview
> Query Metrics
> Test result matrix
> Failed Test Cases
> Blocked Test Cases
> Not run Test Cases
> Test Cases without Tester Assignment
> Charts
> Requirements based Report
> Test Cases with Custom Fields set on Execution
> Test Plan with Custom Field info
> Test Cases not assigned to Any Test Plan

Best Wishes, LiFeng Wang

RE: First Experiance with Testlink

Posted by YangTerry <po...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Raphael,