Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2006/07/19 17:53:11 UTC

Re: AXIS SUCKS (In Capitals) - Help us

First lessson before using Axis should have been to understand the idea
behind opensource. According to www.opensource.org,

"The basic idea behind open source is very simple: When programmers can
read, redistribute, and modify the source code for a piece of software,
the software evolves. People improve it, people adapt it, people fix
bugs..."

So if you feel uncomfortable with current Axis, please help us to
improve it. Thats how Axis evolved so far. It was not one company or
small set of people who developed it. Its the community that behind in
any Apache and open-source projects made any project successful and
thats the simple reason why we value the community a lot in Apache.

Mr. Deep Ghosh, continue to give feedback like this to Axis or any other
project. You might even want to help contribute to Axis from your vast
experiences. We are happy to accept any valuable contributions, as that
benefits our community as a whole.

-- Chinthaka