Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by "Anuradha S.Athreya" <an...@world2web.com> on 2005/12/02 12:50:52 UTC

Load turbine on tomcat start up

I want to load Turbine(2.1) on tomcat start up.

I have made changes to the Tomcat web.xml file and added this

    <!-- TURBINE -->

    <servlet>
            <servlet-name>TurbineInit</servlet-name>
            <servlet-class>org.apache.turbine.Turbine</servlet-class>
            <init-param>
                <param-name>properties</param-name>
                        <param-value>
                            TurbineResources.properties
                	</param-value>
            </init-param>

            <load-on-startup>4</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

1. In tomcat, where should the TurbineResources.properties be placed?
2. Where should I place turbine related JARs in the tomcat folder?

I did place turbine2.1.jar in the tomcat/server/lib/ folder and started
tomcat.I got this exception
org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service PoolBrokerService requested

        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:356)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
ava:298)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineDB.getPoolBroker(TurbineDB.java:309)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.db.TurbineDB.getConnection(TurbineDB.java:169)

Re: Load turbine on tomcat start up

Posted by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcoux.biz>.
Hi,

TurbineResources.properties goes in the WEB-INF/conf directory or your
web application.

The turbine jar and its dependencies all go in the WEB-INF/lib directory
of your web application.

IIRC you do not need to place anything into the tomcat directories at
all. All of turbine's needs should be in the web app itself.

Regards,

Peter

Posted by sergiu gordea <gs...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>.
sergiu gordea wrote:

> if I remember correctly the TurbineResourcesProperties are located in
> ..../WEB-INF/conf/.
>
> TDK 2.1 has a tomcat inside, and it is configured to work with it.
> Do you try to run Turbine on another tomcat installation?
> I don't recommend you to do it ...

.... this last comment includes just the 2.1 and 2.2 of  TDK

Posted by sergiu gordea <gs...@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at>.