Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Yash Swarnkar <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/23 16:26:05 UTC

want to start contributing

hello! i am new here and want to start contributing to derby. I know
c++ and core java. Can ANYONE GET ME STARTED?

Re: want to start contributing

Posted by Myrna van Lunteren <m....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Welcome!

If you haven't already familiarized yourself with how to build and test
Derby, you should take a look at the Derby wiki (
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/ ) and, in particular, at the guidance for
newcomers ( http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/DerbyDev ).
Also, a few years ago Siddharth Srivastava, then a Google Summer of Code
contributor, set up a wiki page that might help:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/siddharthsrivastava/QuickStartGuide_NewDevelopers

If you are not familiar with JDBC, the following primers may help:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/jdbc/index.html
http://www.herongyang.com/JDBC/
http://www.tecnun.es/asignaturas/InteInfo/Recursos/JDBC/JDBCShortCourse.pdf

The following issues have been marked as good for newcomers:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12315169

Pose any general questions to the derby-dev mailing list. Questions on
specific issues posted in JIRA also are forwarded to the list.

Myrna

One good place is a wiki page set up a few years ago by