Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by Eranga Mapa <er...@vouch.sg> on 2016/09/26 03:21:23 UTC

Complementary Purchase Engine Template

Hi,

What is the exact algorithm used in $subject template. Docs says its
Association Rule Learning, but it directs to a wiki page which is more
focused rather on theories of association rule learning. I want to know
what algorithm is used inside MLib for this template.

Thanks!!

Re: Complementary Purchase Engine Template

Posted by Kenneth Chan <ke...@apache.org>.
there is no MLLib used in this template. It's simple implementation of the
basic idea in Spark code.
as explained here
http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/templates/complementarypurchase/dase/#algorithm

But i know there is also "Associate Rule Algo" implemented in latest Spark
version.

http://spark.apache.org/docs/1.6.2/mllib-frequent-pattern-mining.html#association-rules
http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/mllib-frequent-pattern-mining.html

if you want to change the template to support Spark's Associate Rules algo,
contribution is welcome!

Kenneth