Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by smcbutler <sm...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/22 22:27:05 UTC

trying allow email from a specific email address

hi, i had a look for this issue but (surprisingly) couldn't find an answer
in the forum

i have this rule:

header   toSupport_MYCORP     To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
describe toSupport_MYCORP     Sent to our support alias
score     toSupport_MYCORP     -2

but i get this in my logs:

[16923] warn: Possible unintended interpolation of @mycorp in string at
/etc/mail/spamassassin/myRules.cf, rule toSupport_MYCORP, line 1.
[16923] warn: rules: failed to compile head tests, skipping:

isn't escaping the "@" enough to get this rule functional

thx!

Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Thu, May 22, 2008 22:27, smcbutler wrote:

> header   toSupport_MYCORP     To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i

header   toSupport_MYCORP     To =~ /support\@mycorp\.com/i

Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

Posted by Jari Fredriksson <ja...@iki.fi>.
> hi, i had a look for this issue but (surprisingly)
> couldn't find an answer in the forum
>
> i have this rule:
>
> header   toSupport_MYCORP     To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
> describe toSupport_MYCORP     Sent to our support alias
> score     toSupport_MYCORP     -2

SA does that with settings:

       more_spam_to support@example.com

or

       all_spam_to support@example.com

Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Fri, May 23, 2008 00:58, smcbutler wrote:

> yes, that seemed to be problem :(

no the regexp is olso wroung since . oldso need \.

Posted by smcbutler <sm...@gmail.com>.

Bob Proulx wrote:

> smcbutler wrote:
>> header   toSupport_MYCORP     To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
>> [16923] warn: Possible unintended interpolation of @mycorp in string at
>> /etc/mail/spamassassin/myRules.cf, rule toSupport_MYCORP, line 1.
>> isn't escaping the "@" enough to get this rule functional
>
> It should be enough.  Therefore I have to ask the question.  Did you
> restart your spamd after making that change?  It appears that it is
> still running using the unescaped configuration from before your last
> edit.  This would be a common trap for people.  Try restarting your
> spamd.  Try running spamassassin --lint to check the current rules.
>
> Hope that is it!  :-)

yes, that seemed to be problem :(

thx Bob!

Re: trying allow email from a specific email address

Posted by Bob Proulx <bo...@proulx.com>.
smcbutler wrote:
> header   toSupport_MYCORP     To =~ /support\@mycorp.com/i
> [16923] warn: Possible unintended interpolation of @mycorp in string at
> /etc/mail/spamassassin/myRules.cf, rule toSupport_MYCORP, line 1.
> isn't escaping the "@" enough to get this rule functional

It should be enough.  Therefore I have to ask the question.  Did you
restart your spamd after making that change?  It appears that it is
still running using the unescaped configuration from before your last
edit.  This would be a common trap for people.  Try restarting your
spamd.  Try running spamassassin --lint to check the current rules.

Hope that is it!  :-)
Bob