Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org> on 2020/09/14 11:19:21 UTC

Time to retire: next steps?

Hi guys,

how is the status of retiring Tamaya or planning a restart at Github?

Are all projects in the new locations already up2date?

Who would file an infra ticket to retire all of Tamaya's infra?

Cheers,
Phil

Re: Time to retire: next steps?

Posted by Aaron Coburn <aa...@gmail.com>.
It looks like there is a repository set up at
https://github.com/java-config/tamaya, but it doesn't look like it has any
content other than a license file.

I do like the idea of merging the core and extension code into a single
repo. There is also a tamaya-sandbox in the java-config organization. It
seems that the incubator-tamaya-* repositories (in that repo) are even with
the AFS repositories, but for any restart, the groupId values would need to
be changed (and "incubator" would no longer be relevant).

-Aaron

Re: Time to retire: next steps?

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@gmail.com>.
Thus far I have not heard from anyone about being ready to move the repo.
I do think we need to take that as a consideration that the project can't
be moved.  If it's ok, I'll just start the shutdown process and if someone
wants to restart it just fork the read only github mirror.

John