Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Mohammad Nour El-Din <mn...@apache.org> on 2007/10/18 02:31:47 UTC

[Thoughts and Feedback] Java Developer Conference in Egypt organized by EGJUG (Egyptian Java User Group)

Hi all OpenEJBer...

  I am very proud to announce that the EGJUG (Egyptian Java User Group) is
organizing the second Java Developer Conference in Egypt - it organized the
1st one too - and I wanted to take this chance to prepare a talk about
OpenEJB3.0. Below I included the full mail which describes the abstract and
the rough agenda of this talk. Please I need your feedback to make sure
giving the best talk about our project OpenEJB3.0 to the developers in Egypt
. This talk is going to be in February 2008 .

----------------------------------------------------- Start of talk abstract

Hi Ahmed...

  It is my honor to propose the following talk to be included in the coming
JDC2. Blew is the description of the OpenEJB3.0 talk:

*Abstract*
---------------
  EJB3.0 is the latest public specification which covers the JEE EJB
technology. It added a lot of new features which made EJB  development more
easy and fast by using the new annotations feature of Java 5 in what is
called *Dependency Injection*. This specification also introduced the
*Interceptors* which provides a mechanism to handle life-cycle and other
events either on the module level or the package level or the class level or
method level. It also changed the persistence mechanism relative to former
EJB specifications specially EJB2.1 by introducing the JPA (Java Persistence
APIs). It also took care of migrating existing EJBs from their current
implementation to cope with EJB3.0 . All this besides the normal well known
services and features already introduced in former EJB specifications like
transactions, security and timer service among others .

  OpenEJB3.0 is an Apache EJB3.0 container implementing the standard
EJB3.0specification and adds its own flavour by extending this
specification to
make the developer's life easier so they can be more efficient and
productive. I will try in this talk to show how developers use OpenEJB3.0 to
get all the benefits provided by EJB3.0. I will try show this in a practical
way - full featured medium-sized real life project - by going through a real
life project and how we can design and implement it using EJB3.0 technology
APIs and using OpenEJB3.0 as our testing and production environment .

*Agenda* - Take care Ahmed this is a rough agenda but it includes most of
the topics I wan to talk about
---------------
  1- Why OpenEJB3.0 .
  2- History of OpenEJB .
  3- OpenEJB3.0 installation .
  4- Administering and configuring OpenEJB3.0 .
  6- Development for OpenEJB3.0 .
  7- Using OpenEJB3.0 for testing .
  8- Deployment on OpenEJB3.0 .
  9- OpenEJB3.0 specialties .
10- Using OpenEJB3.0 with Tomcat . ---> Ahmed : Maybe at the time of JDC2 we
will have integration with Jetty .
11- Future of OpenEJB3.0 .

---> Ahmed : I would like to make u notice that there is an additional
optional point but I am not sure that it will be implemented at the time of
JDC2 which is *OpenEJB3.0 development tools* which talks about an Eclipse,
NetBeans, IntelliJ plugins for OpenEJB3.0 .

*Speakers*
-----------------
  1- Mohammad Nour El-Din
Talk language : Arabic (As I would like most of the audience to get benefit
from this talk as much as possible)

*Speakers Biography*
---------------------------------
  Name : Mohammad Nour El-Din
  Job : Software Engineer in IBM Egypt. Designing and implementing software
systems using JEE technologies. Committer in Apache
           OpenEJB3.0 project. Have 4+ years of experience working with JEE
. Like to read about Java SE and EE specifications and
           other open standards and specifications like W3C and OASIS .
  E-mail : mnour@apache.org
  Home page : http://people.apache.org/~mnour (Under construction :) ) .
  blogger : Taddaborat ---> http://tadabborat.blogspot.com/ (Empty but I
will work to fill it soon :) )

Ahmed, please if you have any comments please send them to me ASAP . And I
want to say on behalf of the OpenEJB team that we really have the pleasure
to present OpenEJB in the coming JDC2 in Egypt.

*One last point* I have been thinking that I would like to present this talk
in an EGJUG organized session so I can rehearse as much as possible before
presenting it in JDC2 so I can make the best of this talk and make all have
pleasure attending it, please give me your feedback about this idea too so I
can prepare for it .

--
Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

----------------------------------------------------- END of talk abstract

Thanks
- Mohammad Nour

Re: [Thoughts and Feedback] Java Developer Conference in Egypt organized by EGJUG (Egyptian Java User Group)

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
Looks good.

-dain

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
Sure and I agree with you both, actually I've talked with DBlevins about
this b4, I mean that everyone in the team try to join talks and
presentations in his area to make publicity for OpenEJB .

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.

--
Karan Singh Malhi

Re: [Thoughts and Feedback] Java Developer Conference in Egypt organized by EGJUG (Egyptian Java User Group)

Posted by Mohammad Nour El-Din <no...@gmail.com>.
No guys, I will speak in Arabic but the slides are going to be in English
:D, this is the flexibility of the Arabic language ;) .

Posted by Manu George <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Karan Malhi <ka...@gmail.com>.
Mohammad,

--