Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Percivall <jo...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/08/22 15:03:17 UTC

[DISCUSS] Closing in on the Apache 1.0.0 Release

Hello Team,

Since releasing the Beta a couple weeks ago, there has been continued great effort towards
the 1.0.0 release. Many users checked out the Beta and provided feedback in the form of
emails to the dev list and Jiras. With all of that testing and work, we are almost ready
for the 1.0.0 release.

Compared to the number closed already, we have a very small number of tickets remaining.
I will outline each below:

- "On restart of all nodes in nifi cluster one of the nodes failed to join the cluster
with fingerprint mismatch" NIFI-2605[1] [status] Arpit Gupta reported and Mark Payne has
opened a PR, awaiting review.

- "Allow encrypted passwords in configuration files" NIFI-1831[2] [status] Reported by
Andy LoPresto. Andy posted a PR is actively being reviewed.

- "Enhance Status History Dialog" NIFI-2599[3] [status] Scott Aslan reported and opened a
PR. Matt Gilman is reviewing.

- "ModifyBytes should use long instead of int for offsets." NIFI-2411[4] [status] Joe
Skora reported and opened a PR. Awaiting Review.

- "Need to update Encryption Configuration content in Admin guide for 1.0 changes"
NIFI-2451[5] [status] Andrew Lim reported and supplied a PR. Joe Witt reviewed and +1 but
is waiting for NIFI-1831 to ensure completeness.

- "Provenance Repository can close Index Reader too soon" NIFI-2600[6] [status] Mark Payne
reported and opened a PR. Matt Burgess is reviewing.

- "FingerprintFactory and default property values" NIFI-2606[7] [status] Matt Gilman
reported and is actively working on it.

- "Thread-safety issue with ConsumeKafka" NIFI-2608[8] [status] Oleg Zhurakousky reported
and is actively working on it with Joe Witt.

- "Issue determining appropriate site to site URL" NIFI-2609[9] [status] Matt Gilman
reported and Mark Payne posted a PR. Awaiting review.

- "TestProcessorLifecycle and TestStandardProcessScheduler classes causes brittle builds
and appears to be an integration test" NIFI-2610[10] [status] Joe Witt reported and Oleg
Zhurakousky assigned himself.

- "If no ZooKeeper quorum, NiFi does not respond to some web requests" NIFI-2617[11]
[status] Mark Payne reported and opened a PR. Awaiting Review.

There is only one feature left (NIFI-1831) and it already has a PR with active reviewing.
That said, and with the burn rate we've seen over the last couple weeks, I expect to start
a vote tomorrow or Wednesday.

I will continue to keep you all updated.

Joe
Joseph Percivall
linkedin.com/in/Percivall
e: joepercivall@yahoo.com