Posted to dev@clerezza.apache.org by Reto Bachmann-Gmuer <re...@trialox.org> on 2010/01/05 19:43:14 UTC

Re: Deploying from Hudson (was: Hudson Continuous Integration jobs...)

Hi Bertrand,

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 3:53 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>

> > what's the recommended way to deploy artifacts and site?...
>
> I see that artifacts are being deployed to the snapshots repository,
> for example [1], do these come from the Hudson build or were they
> deployed manually?

They were deployed manually, the user hudson cannot scp to people.apache.org,
maybe we should change the deploy location in the pom. I deployed them with
"mvn deploy", I din't manage to set the umask correctly so that they are
group-writable, anyone knows in which file to put it (I've tried .profile
and .cshrc)?

> 1) generate content in confluence have have that auto-exported to the
> live website, with a delay of 4 hours max IIRC.

for the non-maven parts I would rather have clerezza generate the pages,
writing a tool to generate an offline variant (xhtml and rdf) should be
easy. If that works we should have the respective rdf-graph in subversion
(for this CLEREZZA-20 would come in handy).

> 2) commit static HTML to subversion and have that deployed almost
> immediately via SvnPubSub
>
> If the Maven build generates the complete site, 2) might be the best
> option - in this case someone has to generate the site locally, and
> commit the results, which can be live almost immediately. I'm not sure
> if that can be done fully automatically via Hudson, and in any case
> it's nice to have commits and diffs of the actual content so for now
> the commit-then-publish way might be the best.
>
> If you think 2) is the right option I can have a look at how to setup
> the live publishing at http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/

I don't like the idea to have the generated sites in the subversion
repository, one hand its a waste as an identical site could be regenerated
at any time by checking out the source, on the other hand it might create
confusion as to where things should be edited. Currently maually (i.e. mvn
site-deploy) deployed maven sites are at
http://incubator.apache.org/clerezza/mvn-site/,