Posted to users@flex.apache.org by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com> on 2013/10/30 17:22:10 UTC

Possible mx:DateField issue in SDK 4.11.0 ?

I'm seeing an issue in 4.11.0 while debugging a Flex project using the
DateField.

Clicking on the DateField's calendar icon to bring up the date chooser
works when this Flex project is debugged with SDK 4.10.0.

However, when debugged with SDK 4.11.0 the debugger stops 26 times on line
482 of DateField.as ( in ... Apache Flex
4.11.0\frameworks\projects\mx\src\mx\controls\) though no error message is
displayed in the console.

When debugging with Internet Explorer, the DateChooser is visible after the
26th stop. However, with Firefox, the DateChooser never shows up.

Does anyone else see this?

Thanks

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.
Sorry for the wild goose chase everyone.
The problem was FlashBuilder (and me).

I was thinking late last night that the IDE was behaving AS IF there was a
breakpoint on the line where it was stopping. However it was not showing
one. I decided to open the Breakpoints window to be sure and ... there was
one on that line, just not VISIBLE in the IDE.

Removing that breakpoint now allows both of my test cases to behave as they
should while debugging.

Thanks for all the help and again sorry for the trouble.

*
Lionel*

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.
"*Would re-installing SDK 4.11.0 be worth a try?*"

NOPE.

Will try tonight on other computers with similar setups and see what I get.

*
Lionel *

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

I could also run the provided sample (on OSX) with no issues.

Can you place a breakpoint on line 492 (dateChar = valueString.charAt(i);) and see what noMonths, monthNames and valueString contain.

it should be 12, an array of month names and something like "10/10/2013".

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Possible mx:DateField issue in SDK 4.11.0 ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.
Win7 64 bit.

Thanks for your help.

*

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Possible mx:DateField issue in SDK 4.11.0 ?

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Possible mx:DateField issue in SDK 4.11.0 ?

Posted by Lee Burrows <su...@leeburrows.com>.

--
Lee Burrows
ActionScripter

Re: Possible mx:DateField issue in SDK 4.11.0 ?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Is this Windows-only?  I will try to take a look tonight if nobody else
gets to it first.  I only have my Mac with me right now.

Posted by "Lionel A. Pierre" <li...@medez.com>.