Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com> on 2008/04/25 19:12:11 UTC

mvn fails due to missing jetty plugin 7.0.0pre0

Hi,

some mvn commands fail since maven tries to download the newest maven-
jetty-plugin, which it thinks to be 7.0.0pre0 in my case. But he
cannot find any jar for that version in the public repos. Anyone else
having the same problem?

I would suggest to always include version numbers for maven plugins in
the pom, since the build relies on them. It often happens that newer
versions of plugins (which maven uses automatically if no explicit
version is set) don't work as previously or are buggy.

In this case "6.1.9" seems to be the latest stable and available
version. The poms that have to be changed are "java/pom.xml", "java/
server/pom.xml" and "java/social-api/pom.xml".

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: mvn fails due to missing jetty plugin 7.0.0pre0

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
We should put the jetty version into plugin management, its in the
207 patch, but not with the version number, once I get to top of my
emails, I will add and update the patch.
Ian