Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Mark Wareham <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/18 13:21:47 UTC

Setting up 2.1 for development

Is it possible to set up Geronimo 2.1 to run without the need to republish
when a JSP is changed?

In my eclipse server overview the option "no re-deployment when only JSP
files are updated" is blanked out. I have also tried setting development to
true in {geronimo home}\var\catalina\conf\config.xml

I am stuck with the current version (for now) and have lots of JSP/CSS
changes to make. Frequently publishing to test eats up a lot of time as
each publish takes a long time. I would like to somehow avoid having to
publish for these type of changes.

Thanks, Mark.

Re: Setting up 2.1 for development

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
Which Geronimo dev tool version did you use ? I remembered that we had this
kind of enhancment in the past, see :
[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-580

--
Ivan