Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com> on 2003/07/30 11:26:04 UTC

[RT] a MVC model.

Hi:

I am trying to build a MVC model using Cocoon. I drafted an initial
diagram of how it can be. I prefered to post a image because this can be a
better overview of the proposed MVC model under cocoon.

On the Woody part I feel is poor defined because I don't get a deep look
inside Woody. But soon I would do this. :)

As usual, comments are welcome. :)

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: [RT] a MVC model.

Posted by Marc Portier <mp...@outerthought.org>.

Antonio Gallardo wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I am trying to build a MVC model using Cocoon. I drafted an initial
> diagram of how it can be. I prefered to post a image because this can be a
> better overview of the proposed MVC model under cocoon.

nice diagram
maybe some of the diagrams (bruno-art) in the woody-docs at the
wiki could be of help too (presuming you need to work on some
tutorial or presentation of any kind)

> On the Woody part I feel is poor defined because I don't get a deep look
> inside Woody. But soon I would do this. :)

you're quite close on the woody part already
one small change I would make is change the Form-Manager box to
just read 'Form'

when your flow-case starts it typically uses the form-manager and
the binding-manager to instantiate a 'form' and a 'binding' from
their respective configuration files

once started the data flows from your bean to the form (the
form-manager is no longer in the loop)

there is also a subtle nuance in the fact that the binding is
happening under control of the flow (it is not a property of the
form in fact) but I would explain that in words (and only if
needed) rather then try to express that in the drawing

HTH
-marc=